The Musique Box is a complete collection of various deeply sampled music boxes. I love the sound of the music boxes in the library, but even more I love the random ambiances and experimental sounds they’ve created from the sampled sources.
I also like that it’s a layered instrument so you get to pick and mix between two different layers in a patch which makes for some awesome textures. Layering the “standard” music box tones with some of the more ambient and experimental ones to come up with brand new sounds and ideas is quick and easy.
- Dry – a close, warm dry sound
- Hollow – with a wooden resonance chamber
- Large Hall – recorded in a large scoring hall
- Raspy – with naturally rough imperfections
- Small Hall – recorded in a bright tile hall
- Steel Pot – with a large metal chamber
- Stringy – mounted to strings
- Tank – with tuned steel drum chamber
- Chamber – a large wooden chamber in a hall.
- Glass – with a large glass resonator.
- Submerged – played underwater in a bathtub.
- Winding – lots of mechanical winding sfx
The Musique Box also includes a large collection of bonus content and creative features you won’t find anywhere else:
- 24 sustaining tuned sound design instruments, atmospheres, tonal ambiences and special effects
- 8 FX banks with special dynamic parameter shaping on the modwheel
- 10 added custom nki presets that explore the extended features
- 70 custom environmental, room and FX reverbs integrated into every preset
- The Uberpeggiator meta-arp system with velocity step sequencer, humanization, adaptive modes, roll simulation, chord and scale control and custom pattern loading (K5 only)
- 2.16 GB installed
- 1680 Samples
- 13 Kontakt 4.2.4 .nki instrument presets (legacy)
- 13 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- 70 Integrated Custom Convolution Reverb and FX Impulses and FX
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences, drones and special FX presets, in an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
- The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use the .nki instrument presets included in this library. However, some features require Kontakt 5.1 or later.
- The free Kontakt “Player” and “Add Library” import process does not support this standard open-format Kontakt library
- PC – Windows XP or higher
- Mac – Mac OSX 10.6 or higher
- Dual Core CPU
- 2 GB System Ram
- SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.