Urban Drums is a drum kit in UVI format, mixed from various elements and synthesized drums samples
- 20ʼ Yamaha Bass Drum
- 13ʼ Tama metalwork piccolo Snare
- 12ʼ Hi Tom
- 16ʼ Floor Tom
- 14ʼ Zildjian medium crash
- 14ʼ Zildjian crash
- 13ʼ Paiste Hihat
- 20ʼ Zildjian jazz Ride
Each element was recorded with 3 microphones positions and we added some synth samples, you can adjust the pan, volume or mute of each one independently. You can also click on the elements on the interface while adjusting the microphones. You also have access to a set of presets.
In the settings panel you can adjust the following:
- The Mapping Presets: we made some presets of the most popular drums formats (GM, V-DRUMS, IMAP, NSKIT) or you can create yours.
- The Midi Learn: you can remap any element to any key quickly by pressing the current key of the element you want to move, clicking on Midi Learn and the pressing the target key.
- The Hihat controller: we implemented an advanced hihat behavior, by default on C#2, the sample triggered will depend on the value of the controller, just like on a real Hihat.
- Overheads: here you can choose whether the overhead microphone position is mono or stereo.
- The Sensitivity will set the minimum volume for velocity 1 and give you access to all the dynamics that you want.
- The Reverb. We use a convolution reverb and you can adjust the amount of reverb applied to the whole drum set.
- UVI Player version 2.6.5 or higher
- iLok authorization to dongle or computer
- Mac 10.7+, Windows 7 or higher
- Standalone, VST, AU, AAX , 32 and 64 bit
- 1.83Gb uncompressed, 816Mb compressed in lossless flac format, around 2014 samples.
3 microphone positions plus synthesized samples for each drum that you can mix and/or disable from the interface.
Up to 20 velocity layers per element.
4 round robins for each element.
Custom mapping, you can assign every element to any key simply by pressing a key and assigning a sample.
Mappings presets: GM, V-DRUMS, IMAP, NSKIT (NDK) or default one.
Stereo and Multi-output versions to make the mixing possibilities even easier.
Hihat with 5 levels on openness and triggering from one key depending on a controller value (any controller) and automatic closing sound.
Playable instrument, right hand and left hand mappings.
Detailed snares, 4 different hit positions for the snare plus auto roll script.
Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
Visit the UVI website for the latest version of UVI Workstation.