Rust Vol. 3 is a true paradigm shift in metallic tuned and untuned kit percussion. This long-awaited third installment in our legendary Rust series explores a brand new way of bending this classic genre of found-sound percussion into compelling new creatively musical directions. Our first Rust library focused on tight nuanced hand, mallet and stick percussion in a mostly dry environment, from paint cans to dumpsters. Rust II leaped into big cinematic and unique environmental sounds, with army bunker blast shields, prison door slams, huge bronze sculptures. With this grand 3rd volume, we set out to conquer powerful bass and rich musical tone, recording a massive variety of surfaces, objects, oddities, apparatuses and custom contraptions very up-close in wide stereo to capture even the most subtle of resonances and overtones.
We aimed for a collection that would offer uniquely alternative drum kit concepts, richly complex tuned percussion, dramatic effects and stingers and a huge wealth of sustaining lead, pad and ambient instruments. We reached for crystalline highs and mind-melting lows. We wanted a library that could stand on it’s own, capable of producing limitless musical potential all by itself. With well over 100 unique sound sets, plus tons of sustaining and effect elements, covering a total spectrum of metallic flavors, this iron beast definitely delivers on that promise. This library is designed to be easy to use and inspiring to work with, with an incredible depth of sonic potential suitable for use in any musical and sound design genre.
Each Kontakt preset offers real-time control over every detail of the sound. You can shape note attack and start offset to create ghostly pad-like sounds. The Release control tightens the sound into a sharp staccato click or ping. Our powerful Uberpeggiator allows adaptive arpeggiations and you’ll find tempo-syncing filter and volume LFOs, parametric EQ and convolution reverb effects, with over 50 room and FX impulses to choose from. We’ve included our mighty Mega Mixermaster system, which lets you choose and dynamically load any of the percussive elements in the library. Each sound set allows custom key-range, tuning and mapping. Use it to create your own ensembles, drum kits and tuned percussion orchestras. Our Layer Builders feature 12 independent sonic layers, with free parameter control over each, letting you create truly unique hybrid tuned percussion instruments. The Tuned Selector presets give you instant access to each collection of solo elements, with easy browsing and automatable sound selection on the fly. The standard ensemble presets lay it all out in convenient ready-made drum-kits. Our Rustains, Drone Rigand Rumbiencessustain kits allow you to quickly jump through a wide selection of fluidly organic tonal and atmospheric sounds and smoothly morph between them, with optional polyphonic legato and tempo-synching filter and stutter effects, with full waveform shape control.
- Barrel Drums
- Digging Ditches
- Lonesome Corral
- Punch Pipes
- String Bomb
- The Ernduzk
- Special “Tuned Selector” versions of all the above
- Aluminum Scream
- Lonesome Corral Gate and Wing SFX
- Rebard Zip
- Drone and Sustains Singles
- Ernduzk Bowing and Dragging
- K5 versions of all the above
Master & Sustains Articulations
- Master Ensemble & Lite Version
- Master Mega Mixer
- Tuned Layer Builders
- Drone Rig
- 2,238 Samples
- 49 .nki instrument presets
- 3.58 GB installed
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences, drones and special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
- The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2.4 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library.
- The free Kontakt “Player” and “Add Library” import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library.
- PC – Windows XP or higher.
- Mac – Mac OSX 10.6 or higher.
- Dual Core CPU
- 2 GB System Ram
- SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library